Listed below are articles providing background information, support for systems thinking and/or related best practice in PK-12 education. A link to each article is provided.
- “A Final Exam Like No Other”, Kristen Mahony
- “Borton Wins Award at Microsoft Worldwide Innovative Teacher Forum for its Work in Systems Thinking: Constructing Big Ideas with Small Children”, The Exchange, Vol.16, Number 2 – Spring 2007
- “Brain Calisthenics for Abstract Ideas”, Benedict Carey, New York Times article, June 6, 2011
- “Building Learning Organization Capacity Through Systems Thinking in Schools”, Tracy Benson Ed.D.
- “Cellular Biology Learning Environment”, Kristen Mahony
- “Seeing Below the Surface: Systems Thinking”, Joan Yates and Andrea Davidson
- “Some thoughts on using STELLA in Math and Science classes”, Rob Quaden
- “Systems Thinking Choices in 10th Grade Literature”, Amy Lovin and Steve Kipp
- “The Systems Thinker in Every Student: An Interview with Mary Scheetz”, Kali Saposnick
- “Third Graders Extend Their Thinking with a STELLA® Model”, Julie Guerrero and Joan Scurran
- “Using Pre-Built STELLA® Models in High School Physics”, Dave Hamilton
- “Why Is It So Difficult To Be A Good Pancreas?”, Deb Pierce and Robin Goldstein