March 14 – 16, 2018
Daniel Webster Secondary School
6850 N. 53rd Street, Milwaukee, WI
The Systems Thinking Institute will be made up of a variety of 2-day workshop options tailored to different interests and levels of systems thinking experience (March 15-16). There will also be keynote speakers and special events planned on these days. By enrolling in a 2-day workshop, you will be granted complimentary admission to the Systems Leaders Spotlight Panel Kick-Off Event the evening of Wednesday, March 14 (5-7 p.m.).
In addition, a Pre-Institute field trip option allows participants to visit Thurston Woods Elementary School to see students and teachers utilizing systems thinking firsthand! Note – this field trip is a separate, add-on option and is not included in the 2-day workshops. Participants will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from the school.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Pre-Institute Field Trip Option (9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Thurston Woods School)
- See systems thinking at work firsthand with students by touring Thurston Woods elementary school and stopping in several classrooms.
- About Thurston Woods: Thurston Woods Campus is committed to creating an engaging learning environment where all learners can excel. The overall philosophy is the belief in preparing students for the 21st Century through rigorous instruction, research-based best practices, and technology. The nurturing school environment creates a positive learning community for all students.
Lunch will be provided.
Space is limited to 20 participants – register now!
Systems Leaders Spotlight Panel Kick-Off Event, (5:00 – 7:00 p.m., Urban Ecology Center, Washington Park Branch)
- Complimentary admission for Institute and Pre-Institute participants!
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear from some of our nation’s most respected and experienced systems leaders. In this panel discussion, each leader will speak candidly about challenges in their work, their vision for success related to systems thinking and the progress made thus far.
- Following the panel discussion, there will be an audience question-and-answer session. Come prepared to discuss what’s on your mind regarding education, student success, leadership and more!
Light appetizers and drinks will be served.
Thursday – Friday, March 15- 16, 2018, Daniel Webster Secondary School
2-Day Workshops(choose one):
- March 15 (8 a.m.- 4 p.m.)
- March 16 (8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Coffee/tea service, lunch, and snacks will be provided each day plus
keynote speakers, activities, student panel, and more!